Side running lights

Started by JCMAC, July 09, 2013, 02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCMAC

I have a '72 D22C that I am replacing all for the side/running lights.  In the front sides the high up lights are one bulb oval amber lights.  Lower down on the side there are another pair of oval amber light - should they have two bulbs?  I think they also blink with the front turn lights blink.

Thanks,
John

DaveVA78Chieftain

Are you sure this was not a PO alteration.  I do not see what you are referring to in the 72 Chieftain Brochure http://www.winnebagoind.com/products/previous-models/1972/pdfs/72-Chieftain-bro.pdf

Dave
[move][/move]

Stripe

Ahh, okay, after looking at the brochure, I think I see what you're talking about. the oval shaped lenses in the upper corners.  If they are like most other marker lights on the market, then only one bulb is used in each lens.  The ones in the lower lenses should also have just one bulb.
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

ibdilbert01

On my 72, the oval fender lights were not hooked up to the turn signals.
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

JCMAC

THANKS.  I may hook them up as a safety improvement in the future (routing the wiring could be a Bugger, tho)!

John

HandyDan

The ones on my Holiday Rambler have one bulb but two filaments.  They work with the turn signals.  I also have a set half way back that also work with the turn signals. Again, one bulb with two filaments. 
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

LJ-TJ

The ones on my 75 21footer work a directional lights but not as running lights. They have two bulbs. I'm hoping to chance them at some point in time into running lights as well a directional lights. Dilbert :laugh:

James E Vining

My 71 D-20 Has the same Type of Oval Marker Lights (Yellow) one on top above windows/Mirrors and one on each side  a little further forward under the windows about 1/2 way between bottom of MH and Window frame, My Upper ones use one bulb and work when Park/Running lights are on and the Lower ones Use 2 Bulbs and Only work when Turn signal or 4 Way/Hazard lights are on.
I think the lower ones are Wired that way so people off to the side can see your turning as the Front Turn signal lights are tucked back a bit due to front end design, If you look at almost any car or truck you will notice the blinker lights are Visible from either the front or the side of the vehicle but on the MH you cannot see the front ones if you are off to the Side