Roof Vent sizes? - pop-open and electric fan types

Started by justdon57, August 17, 2013, 05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justdon57

I have two roof vents in my Winnie, one is powered and needs to be replaced, the other is just a pop up type, I have been looking to replace them. Are these pretty much one standard size? can I put in a larger opening?

OldEdBrady

Easy to replace.  I put in two of Heng's Vortex in my trailer.  Didn't have to replace the entire vent, just the fan part.  cost something like $50-$55, if I recall correctly.  Took about 10 minutes to remove the old stuff and put in the new.

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

tiinytina

If you are going to replace the fan type I would go with a Fan-tastic type where the fan takes up the entire vent not just a muffin fan type in the corner.. The Fan-Tastic typs are much better at cooling the rig etc.  and put a MAX-Aire over the vent so you can have it open in the rain or while driving....

Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

OldEdBrady

Actually, Tina, the Heng's thing DOES take up the whole vent.  You take out the screen (that they all have) and put in the entire thing.  The screen is either a throw-away, or a replacement for the future.  The new item simply screws in like the original screen did.  And you're done.

Of course, I had to do a bit more, since none of my vents were powered to start with, but this guy is referring to a replacement, not a "change over."  As I said, entire replacement was only about 5 or 10 minutes.  And the price was half (or more) of the other brands. 

NEVER wanted to change, and, if one of them should "die," Ill simply replace it with another or the same brand.  saves lots of bucks over those that run $100 or more.

OldEdBrady