Need 19.5 x 6 - 10 lug Replacement wheels

Started by Rickf1985, May 13, 2014, 10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickf1985

Has anyone had to source new or used rims? When I balanced mine I found that four out of the six were out of round. Two have a wiggle side to side that I can live with, the tires will dry rot before that wears them out with the miles I put on it but I have two that tromp up and down and they need to go. I can feel that. I am thinking that new is going to be a lot more than I want to spend on this project. All of the junkyards around NJ have converted to scrapyards and do not sell parts, they just collect scrap metal from the local scrappers and recycle it. They tear cars and trucks apart and crush them but will not sell any parts. Any online sources that you know of within reasonable driving distance of NJ? Shipping on heavy wheels would be more than they are worth. Yes, I am being cheap because I already have about 5 grand more than this thing is worth into it and it will never be ready for really long trips. I just want to make it usable for 500 mile radius trips.

M & J

The problem is finding some in your area. I have no knowledge as far as that is concerned. A long shot is to try custom wheel shops. Long stretch but you might find some take offs from a wheel shop. 1 ton duallies were a hot item for customization. Of course Craigslist and other online for sale entities. I found 4 Chevy Astro 5 lug wheels for my trailer for $10 ea. including mounting/balancing at a custom shop in this small town.
M & J

Froggy1936

Rick NJ is a long state  so i do not know where you are at but here is a place near Allentown Pa that has what you are looking for email them to get a price and availability  Frank
http://www.collistruckpartsonline.com/
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Rickf1985

bluebird

Lot of Fedex trucks have 19.5x6 wheels also. I had 3 extra earlier this spring and sold them on craigslist to a guy that has the contract with Fedex here on the tires. He bought the wheels for his service truck to have tires and wheels for service calls.

Rickf1985

The problem with the rims from delivery trucks is that they are 90% of the time going to be bent. think about the curb shots and potholes they see and hit. Those drivers don't care, not their vehicle. Frank, I called that place and they do have them but they have no way of telling me if they are straight or not. They do guarantee them but I have to drive 150 mise each way to pick them up and bring them back just to throw them on my spin balancer to see if they are straight and true. If not it is another 300 mile trip. At 75.00 a rim plus tolls and fuel that gets real expensive real quick!

Froggy1936

Rick im sure there is someplace close by to them that can spin them to check for straight . Have them get a no of a shop that mounts and balances tire or google it useing zip code look for tire dealers  call them and set it up to check the wheels wile you are still in that area Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Rickf1985

Yea, I could do that. I am just so used to doing things myself after getting burnt to many times in the past. I was always an honest mechanic and as such I assumed most others working on my stuff were. You know how to spell assumed right? Yup, You got it. $@!#@!

Oz

Since the wheel size wasn't specified until after the initial post, I've removed or modified the replies which referred to 18x6 as well as the car hauler wheel replies which are not pretty far off-topic from the main question.

Sorry guys, but replacement wheels by specific sizes are always a very hot topic.  We've got a ton of posts on various sizes and I really want to keep them as on-topic as possible.

Thanks for your understanding.  :)
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Rickf1985

Thanks for changing the title, I am not very good at titles and sometimes don't think that there are many other choices beside my one application. I know it, I just don't type it. It.s an old age thing I guess.

Oz

Believe me, I understand - LOL!  That's what I'm here for.  I'm quite happy to assist in helping make the little things about the topics and titles be of most benefit to everyone.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca